Painting the exterior of your home is a big project and it may seem like a daunting task, but with proper preparation, planning, and products, you can do it like a pro!
- Organize the job into manageable, doable steps. Focus on one side at a time and don’t move on until it’s complete!
- Preparation is the single most important step of the job. Remove all loose paint, feather the rough edges with sandpaper, and make sure the surface is thoroughly clean and dry.
- Remember even the best paint can’t hold on to a poorly prepared surface.
- Use the best paint that you can. Top quality paints hold on to the surface better, build a better film, don’t fade as quickly, covers in fewer coats and saves you time…and money!
- Some paints don’t even require a primer! We’ve always found that cheap paint costs a lot more in the long run.
- Clean from the bottom up and paint from the top down. When you wash your home always clean from the bottom so the dirt from above runs off the clean surface rather than leaving dirtier areas below. Paint from the top down so you can pick up drips and runs as you go.
- Be safe and use good equipment. Make sure your ladders are safe and use them correctly. Use the best applicators because they; hold more paint, put the paint on smoother, and give you a better film build for a longer lasting job.
- Bonus! Stop in see us first, let us help you do it right the first time!